Wednesday 10 July, from 14.00
The Local Organising Committee has prepared a wide choice of suggested activities. As space is limited at some activities, please go to the registration desk and sign up. Also, kindly note that expenses related to some of the activities are not included in the registration fee, they should be paid in cash at the activity start.
Suggested activities are:
- Guided tours at the University Museum of Zoology, housing thousands of historic specimens including some of Darwin’s collections from his voyage on the Beagle.
- An exhibition celebrating and showcasing 200 years of the Cambridge Philosophical Society at the Milstein Exhibition Centre, University Library.
- Cambridge walking tour: in the foot steps of the Local Organising Committee’s favorite places – see map here.
- Guided tours at the Cambridge University Botanic Garden. 8000 species in 16 hectares and situated close to the heart of the city.
- Visit to the Whipple Museum containing a variety of scientific instruments and material from the last 400 years.
- Punting. A favourite pastime in Cambridge taking in the Colleges and historic surroundings.